Because Georgia is a major hub for interstate commerce, accidents involving trucks and tractor-trailers are common. The devastating aftermath can be life-altering for victims. If you or a family member has suffered injuries in a truck accident, Gautreaux Law can help.
As a leading personal injury firm serving clients in Macon, Warner Robins, and all of Georgia, our mission is simple: hold negligent truck drivers and their employers responsible. Well-versed in the applicable federal and state truck safety laws, we have a proven track record of success. Contact us today to speak with an experienced Macon truck accident attorney.
How Gautreaux Law Can Help With Your Truck Accident Claim
Trucking companies and their insurers have an unfair advantage over accident victims, working in tandem to limit the company’s liability and payouts. We will leverage our skills and resources to level the playing field. Our team will work diligently to:
- Document and analyze the accident scene
- Obtain and review police reports
- Identify and interview witnesses
- Examine the trucking company’s maintenance records
- Evaluate the truck driver’s driving history
It’s far too common for companies to prioritize profits over victims. We are prepared to challenge them in court if they undervalue or deny your valid claim.
Factors Contributing to Truck Accidents in Georgia
Accidents don’t just happen—they typically result from negligence. Key reasons for truck accidents are:
- Driver fatigue – Due to strict delivery timelines and extended travel, drivers may compromise on mandated rest periods, leading to fatigue-related accidents.
- Distracted driving – Relying on technology, such as GPS and smartphones, makes truck drivers susceptible to distractions.
- Poor maintenance/inspections – Lapses in regular vehicle checks and negligence in maintaining essential components can cause severe accidents.
- Inadequate driver training – Trucking firms occasionally employ undertrained and inexperienced drivers, increasing risks on the road.
- Improper loading – Disregarding weight regulations can make trucks unstable, prone to rollovers, and challenging to control.
- Tire blowouts – Factors like underinflation, overloading, and poor maintenance can lead to dangerous tire blowouts.
In addition, other drivers or road defects can also cause accidents, potentially implicating public agencies. Regardless of the cause, we will work to identify the responsible party, hold them accountable, and get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Types of Truck Accidents
Gautreaux Law has dealt with various types of truck accidents, which can include:
- Rollover accidents caused by speeding and improper loading, typically occur on steep inclines or declines.
- Jackknife accidents occur when the drive-axle brakes of a tractor-trailer lock, causing the trailer to skid and stop at a 90-degree angle with the tractor.
- Brake failures are the result of poor maintenance or defects.
- Runaway truck accidents often occur at intersections, toll booths, off-ramps, and railroad crossings when truckers use improper braking techniques.
- Blind spots along the side of a tractor-trailer make it difficult for truck drivers to to see other vehicles.
- Rear-end accidents are typically caused by speeding, improper breaking, and brake failures.
- Under-ride accidents occur when a trucker suddenly slams on the brakes and vehicles traveling behind get crushed under the rear of the truck or trailer.
Often, such accidents are due to driver errors or mechanical defects, making the trucker and the trucking company potentially liable.
Injuries Resulting From Truck Accidents
Due to the massive weight disparity, truck accidents often result in grievous injuries like:
At Gautreaux Law, we will handle all the legal details of your case so you can focus on healing.
Why You Need an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accident claims are challenging and often involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, the trucking company, other motorists, and insurance companies. You can depend on us to sort through all the details and protect your rights. Our experienced Georgia truck accident attorneys will negotiate a fair and just settlement with the insurers and opposing counsel. If a settlement is unattainable, we will take your case to court. Above all, we will fight to get you just compensation, including damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitative costs
- Lost wages – present and future
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Replacement services
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
If a loved one has died in a truck accident, we can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit to obtain compensation for medical expenses and other losses. No amount of money can replace a life, but you deserve justice and compensation to secure your financial future. We will stand by you during this difficult time and help you find justice and peace of mind.
Reach Out to a Trusted Georgia Truck Accident Lawyer
Gautreaux Law is committed to keeping the roads of Macon safe and advocating for truck accident victims. Let us be your ally in seeking justice. Get in touch today.