Suffering a fracture or broken bone is not only physically painful but also financially burdensome, often leading to a protracted healing process and costly medical expenses. When a broken bone injury is the result of another party’s careless, negligent, or deliberate actions, victims have a right to pursue legal action to seek compensation. If you or a family member has experienced a fracture or broken bone due to someone else’s negligence, rely on Gautreaux Law.
Rest assured, our seasoned personal injury lawyers are dedicated to advocating for your rights and obtaining full and fair compensation for your injuries. We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t owe us any fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf. Reach out to us today to schedule a consultation. We proudly serve bone injury victims throughout Macon, Warner Robins, and all of Georgia.
About Broken Bone Injuries in Georgia
The seasoned broken bone injury attorneys at Gautreaux Law are well-versed in handling injury claims stemming from various types of accidents, including:
- Bicycle accidents – While bicyclists are required to adhere to traffic laws, all Georgia drivers must remain vigilant and prevent causing harm to others.
- Car accidents – Even minor car accidents can often lead to broken bones, but high-impact collisions can result in catastrophic bone crush injuries.
- Construction accidents – Construction workers frequently face injuries from falls and other worksite accidents, resulting in broken arms, legs, and other serious injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents – All drivers have a duty of care to operate their vehicles safely and avoid causing harm to others. Georgia has seen a high incidence of pedestrian accidents, many of which result in broken bones.
- Slip and fall accidents – Property owners are obligated to maintain a safe environment for visitors. Nonetheless, slip and fall accidents caused by spills, cracked sidewalks, and broken steps often lead to broken bones in the hands, wrists, shoulders, and legs.
- Truck accidents – Commercial truck accidents frequently result in severe broken bone injuries to occupants of smaller vehicles.
No matter what type of accident led to your broken bone injury, rest assured that we possess the skills and experience necessary to secure the just compensation you deserve. Our firm boasts an impressive track record of success, with a history of securing substantial settlements and favorable jury verdicts for our clients.
Different Types of Broken Bone Injuries
There are a variety of broken bone injuries, each with its unique characteristics:
- Hairline fracture – This injury entails a small crack in the bone, often challenging to detect through X-ray examinations.
- Simple fracture – In this type, the bone breaks without piercing the skin’s surface.
- Compound fracture – Here, the bone not only breaks but also splinters and protrudes through the skin, frequently necessitating surgical intervention.
- Avulsion fracture – An avulsion fracture occurs when a piece of bone separates or when a tendon or ligament pulls away from the bone.
- Buckle fracture – In a buckle fracture, the bone significantly bends or “buckles,” but does not fully fracture.
- Transverse fracture – This type involves a fracture across the bone’s surface, resulting in the bone snapping into two separate pieces.
- Comminuted fracture – A comminuted fracture entails the bone being crushed or breaking into multiple fragments.
While minor fractures generally heal relatively quickly, severely broken bones may demand surgical procedures and extensive physical therapy. Individuals sustaining multiple fractures or crushed bones might never fully regain mobility or complete use of the affected body part. Recognizing the enduring consequences of broken bone injuries, securing the assertive representation provided by our firm becomes paramount.
Following a broken bone injury, you may be eligible for compensation that encompasses both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages (present and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability/disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
While personal injury claims are usually resolved through negotiations with insurance companies, it’s common for insurers to seek minimal payouts. If an insurer fails to honor your claim, or pay you less than your claim is worth, rest assured that we will vigorously pursue your case, including taking it to trial if necessary. Above all, we are committed to securing the maximum compensation you rightfully deserve, whether through courtroom litigation or settlement negotiations.
Talk To An Experienced Georgia Broken Bone Injury Attorney Today
At Gautreaux Law, we have extensive experience handling broken bone injury claims and a proven history of achieving positive outcomes. When you become our client, you can be confident with our legal team in your corner. Contact our office today so we can start working on your claim.