Consumers in Georgia purchase products trusting that they are safe and will work as intended. However, not all products meet these expectations. A defective product can pose serious risks, resulting in injuries or even fatalities. At Gautreaux Law, we are dedicated to representing individuals who have been harmed by such products.
Well-versed in the applicable product liability laws, we work to hold responsible parties accountable and help victims receive just compensation. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to a defective product, we will provide powerful representation when you need it most. Contact our office today for a free case evaluation. We serve clients in Macon, Warner Robins, and all of Georgia.
Types of Product Defects
In the context of product liability, distinct types of defects can make a product harmful or dangerous for consumers, such as:
- Design defects – These are intrinsic flaws that exist even before the product is manufactured. This means that even if the product is flawlessly produced, it would still be hazardous due to its design. For instance, a model of a car that has a center of gravity too high, making it susceptible to rollovers, or a type of electric blanket that overheats easily. When a product’s design inherently poses a risk, the responsibility lies with the developers and designers who fail to foresee the potential harm.
- Manufacturing defects – These defects occur during the production process of the product. The design might be safe, but errors or inconsistencies during manufacturing introduce dangers. Examples include a batch of medicine that becomes contaminated due to unclean equipment or a line of helmets that missed a crucial safety feature during assembly. Such defects mean that not all products of this type will be flawed, but specific units or batches can pose a threat due to manufacturing oversights.
- Marketing/Warning defects – This category addresses how products are advertised, labeled, or come with insufficient instructions. This can lead consumers to use them improperly or be unaware of inherent risks. For instance, a powerful cleaning chemical might be marketed without adequate warnings about inhalation dangers, or a power tool might lack instructions about safe handling and protective gear.
Discerning the nature of the defect is essential to identifying the responsible party and holding them accountable. That’s where Gautreaux Law comes in. We have the skills and resources to tackle product liability claims and an impressive track record of success.
About Georgia Product Liability Laws
In Georgia, product liability laws hold manufacturers and sellers accountable for releasing dangerous or faulty products based on two principles. The first is negligence, which focuses on the carelessness of the manufacturer or seller. Even without proving negligence, a manufacturer can be held strictly liable if their product is inherently dangerous.
How to Prove a Defective Product Claim in Georgia
To have a successful product liability claim, you generally must prove the following elements:
- Duty of care – All manufacturers must ensure their products are reasonably free from defects and safe for use.
- Breach of duty – A product’s defect is evidence that the manufacturer failed to uphold their duty of care.
- Causation – There is a direct link between the defective product and the injury suffered.
- Damages – The injury resulted in actual damages (e.g., medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering)
You can depend on our attorneys to prove the necessary elements of negligence or strict liability and present a compelling case for damages.
How Gautreaux Law Can Help
At Gautreaux Law, we provide a comprehensive and aggressive strategy tailored to your unique situation. Every successful claim begins with meticulous research. We investigate the specifics of the defective product, sourcing expert opinions when necessary. Our team collaborates with engineers, medical professionals, and industry specialists to gather evidence. By understanding the intricacies of the product, its design, manufacturing process, and marketing strategies, we build a solid foundation for your case.
Armed with solid evidence, and after consultation with the client, we may approach the opposing party for settlement discussions. Our seasoned negotiators are adept at securing favorable terms, ensuring that you receive full and fair compensation without enduring a protracted legal battle. If a fair settlement isn’t agreed upon, we are well-prepared to take your case to trial. We have a proven track record of success in handling product liability cases.
Because every case is unique, we tailor our strategy to your situation. Whether it’s identifying the best experts to testify or determining the most effective way to present evidence, our approach is always client-centric. We take the time to understand your personal and medical circumstances, ensuring your story is told in the most compelling way. With Gautreaux Law by your side, you can be confident your claim is in good hands.
Contact An Experienced Georgia Product Liability Lawyer
Defective products present dangers to consumers, sometimes resulting in catastrophic consequences. If you or a loved one has been harmed by a defective product, turn to Gautreaux Law. Our primary concern is your safety and well-being. Contact us today for a no-cost consultation.